- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 1/2 cup onion
- 1/2 cup celery
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh sage
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh rosemary
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 8 slices bread
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1/2 cup dried, sweetened cranberries
- 1/2 cup liquid low-cholesterol egg substitute
- 1/4 cup chicken or turkey stock
- Chop the onion and celery. Chop the fresh herbs. Cut the bread into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Melt the butter in a nonstick frying pan. Sauté the onion and celery until tender. Remove from heat.
- Toss in the cubed bread, pepper, poultry seasoning, fresh herbs and cranberries.
- Mix egg product and stock. Pour it into the bread mixture and mix lightly.
- Place the stuffing into the turkey body cavity and neck to cook, or bake stuffing separately in a baking dish sprayed with nonstick cooking spray at 350º F for 45 minutes.
- For best results use day-old bread.
- If fresh herbs are unavailable substitute 1 teaspoon dried herbs.
- If giblet stock is unavailable substitute lo- sodium chicken broth.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 4 g
Carbohydrates 21 g
Fat 8 g
Cholesterol 20 mg
Sodium 202 mg
Potassium 106 mg
Phosphorus 44 mg
Calcium 61 mg
Fiber 1.3 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1 starch
- 1 fat
- 1/2 fruit, low potassium
Submitted by: the DaVita dietitian team.
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
851,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register