Linguine with Garlic and Shrimp
- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 3/4 pound raw shrimp
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley
- 2-1/2 quarts water
- 12 ounces linguine, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 heads of garlic, whole
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Peel and clean shrimp. Chop parsley.
- Boil water in a large pot. Add pasta and cook for 10 minutes or until tender.
- While pasta is cooking, separate garlic cloves, leaving skin on. Heat cloves in a frying pan over medium heat, stirring frequently. Garlic is ready when it darkens and becomes soft to touch. Skin will be easy to remove. Remove garlic from pan and peel off skin.
- Heat olive oil in the frying pan and return peeled garlic to the pan. Cook garlic until golden. (Cloves can be cut in half or left whole.)
- Add parsley and shrimp and cook 1 to 2 minutes, until shrimp turns pink.
- Drain pasta and reserve 1 cup of liquid. Add pasta to pan with shrimp and garlic. Mix all ingredients together and add the reserved cup of liquid.
- Add lemon juice and black pepper. Mix and serve.
- Adjust shrimp portion for a higher or lower protein diet.
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Cesiah from Florida.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 20 g
Carbohydrates 47 g
Fat 6 g
Cholesterol 86 mg
Sodium 106 mg
Potassium 298 mg
Phosphorus 220 mg
Calcium 87 mg
Fiber 2.4 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 1-1/2 meat
- 3 starch
- 1 vegetable, low potassium
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register