- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 12 ounces pasta, uncooked
- 12 ounces frozen mixed vegetables
- 14 ounces low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose white flour
- 1/4 cup half & half creamer
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta and vegetables in separate pots according to package directions, but omitting salt. Drain.
- Pour low-sodium chicken broth in a medium-sized stockpot and heat on low heat.
- Add flour to broth whisking vigorously to avoid clumps from forming.
- Add half and half and garlic powder and stir.
- Simmer on low heat for 5 to 10 minutes until mixture thickens slightly. Stir occasionally while simmering.
- Add cooked vegetables and pasta. Cook until heated through.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve.
- Frozen vegetable mixtures vary in potassium content. Choose a mixture with lower potassium vegetables or ask your dietitian to recommend the best choices for your diet if you are limiting potassium.
- 12 ounces uncooked pasta equals approximately 6 cups cooked pasta.
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Yvette from Texas.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 13 g
Carbohydrates 48 g
Fat 3 g
Cholesterol 6 mg
Sodium 115 mg
Potassium 251 mg
Phosphorus 154 mg
Calcium 93 mg
Fiber 4.5 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 3 starch
- 1 vegetable, low potassium
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register