Ravioli and Zucchini
- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 9 ounces frozen beef ravioli
- 2 cups zucchini
- 3 green onions
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- Julienne cut zuchinni and slice green onion; coarsely chop bell pepper.
- Cook ravioli as directed on the package.
- Spray a large, nonstick skillet with cooking spray, and heat over medium-high heat.
- Add zucchini, green onions, bell pepper, garlic powder, basil and black pepper. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes until veggies are crisp-tender.
- Drain ravioli, add broth, and stir into the vegetable mixture.
- Cover skillet and cook over medium-low heat for another 5 minutes, or until thoroughly heated. Stir occasionally, being careful not to break the ravioli.
- If vegetables are prepared earlier, this is a quick and easy meal that anyone can put together.
- Goes well with tossed salad and French bread.
- Try other types of ravioli--frozen or fresh, beef or chicken.
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Sandra from Colorado.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 12 g
Carbohydrates 27 g
Fat 9 g
Cholesterol 57 mg
Sodium 258 mg
Potassium 405 mg
Phosphorus 155 mg
Calcium 54 mg
Fiber 2.4 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 1-1/2 meat
- 1-1/2 starch
- 1 vegetable, medium potassium
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register