- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 1/3 cup celery
- 1/3 cup green onion
- 1/3 cup mushrooms
- 1 cup white rice, uncooked
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Thinly slice celery, green onion and mushrooms.
- Pour rice into saucepan. Add chicken broth and heat over medium-high heat until boiling.
- Add celery, green onion, mushrooms to boiling broth. Lightly press vegetables into broth. Reduce heat to low and cover.
- Cook for 20 minutes or until broth has evaporated and rice is tender.
- Add margarine and pepper. Mix until rice is coated.
- Refrigerate leftover rice and reheat for a quick side dish the next day.
- Add cooked diced chicken, tofu or shrimp to change this dish from a side to an entree.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 4 g
Carbohydrates 17 g
Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 40 mg
Potassium 85 mg
Phosphorus 42 mg
Calcium 13 mg
Fiber 0.5 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1 starch
- 1/2 vegetable, low potassium
Submitted by: Recipe created by Kristin’s mom and submitted by DaVita renal dietitian Kristin from Texas.
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
851,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register