Singapore Rice Noodles
1/6 of recipe, approximately 1-1/2 cups
- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 8 ounces thin rice noodles
- 1 cup snow peas
- 2 medium carrots
- 4 scallions
- 1 bunch of cilantro
- 14 ounces low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- Prepare the rice noodles according to the package directions and drain. Set aside in a bowl.
- Slice snow peas thin on the bias. Slice carrots into thin matchsticks. Thinly slice the white bulb of scallions. Finely chop cilantro.
- In another bowl mix together the chicken broth, soy sauce, curry powder, garlic powder and oil and set aside.
- Heat broth mixture in a non-stick frying pan. Cover and cook on high until boiling then lower to medium heat. Add the snow peas and carrots, and cook until snow peas turn bright green and carrots have softened. Turn off the heat. Add half the cilantro and cooked rice noodles and mix together. Cover.
- Spray another frying pan with non-stick cooking spray and place over medium heat. In a small bowl mix the eggs with a fork vigorously until well combined. When the pan is hot, add eggs, stirring as it cooks. When completely cooked through, chop into small pieces with a fork.
- Add eggs to the rice noodle and vegetable mixture and mix together. Serve in individual bowls. Add the chopped scallions and remaining cilantro on top as a garnish.
- Compare and select the lowest sodium brand of rice noodles.
- Adjust curry powder to taste.
- For a higher protein, one-dish meal add cooked chicken or shrimp.
- Use low-sodium vegetable broth for a vegetarian dish.
Submitted by: DaVita renal dietitian Michele from New Jersey.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 12 g
Carbohydrates 30 g
Fat 6 g
Cholesterol 71 mg
Sodium 216 mg
Potassium 350 mg
Phosphorus 194 mg
Calcium 47 mg
Fiber 4.3 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 1/2 meat
- 2 starch
- 1 vegetable, medium potassium
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register