- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger root
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1 medium carrot
- 4 scallions
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 4 cups white rice, cooked
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 4 eggs
- Grate ginger root. Cut snow peas into thirds and cut carrot into matchstick-size strips. Thinly slice scallions.
- Combine soy sauce, sugar, vinegar and ginger in a small bowl; set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet or wok over medium-high heat.
- Add the carrots and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the snow peas, bean sprouts and 1 tablespoon of the soy sauce mixture. Stir-fry until the vegetable are almost tender but still crisp, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
- Return skillet to medium heat and add remaining sauce mixture, cooked rice and scallions.
- Cook until warmed through, about 1 minute.
- Lightly beat the eggs. Make a large space in the center of the rice and pour the eggs into it.
- Scramble the eggs with a spatula until set.
- Stir eggs into rice. Add vegetables and stir. Serve hot.
- Recipe works best with cooked rice that has been refrigerated.
- For a higher protein meal add 2 cups of cooked chicken, shrimp or tofu.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 13 g
Carbohydrates 49 g
Fat 9 g
Cholesterol 212 mg
Sodium 390 mg
Potassium 397 mg
Phosphorus 211 mg
Calcium 87 mg
Fiber 3.5 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1 meat
- 3 starch
- 1 vegetable, medium potassium
Submitted by: Recipe provided by DaVita patient, Charlean, and submitted by DaVita renal dietitian, Lisa from California.
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
851,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register