Air Fryer Bagel Big Bites
1 full bagel thin
- Lower Protein
- CKD non-dialysis
- 2 full bagel thins
- 1/2 cup low sodium marinara
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- Turn air fryer to 400 degrees F.
- Arrange bagel thins cut side up, 4 thins total.
- Dice the bell pepper into small pieces. Distribute marinara sauce amongst the bagel thins.
- Distribute cheeses and pepper equally to bagel thins.
- Bake in air fryer for 4-5 minutes.
- Can also be made in a regular oven at the same temperature, but increase the time to 10 minutes.
- To make this gluten-free, Elyse used the brand O'Doughs Gluten Free Bagel Thins® (no phosphorus additives).
- This recipe is a bit higher in sodium, so balance out your meals for the day. Look for bagel thins with the lowest amount of sodium per serving.
- Use different colored bell pepper to change up the recipe.
Submitted by: DaVita renal dietitian Elyse from Virginia.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 10 g
Carbohydrates 34 g
Fat 5 g
Cholesterol 9 mg
Sodium 360 mg
Potassium 418 mg
Phosphorus 166 mg
Calcium 172 mg
Fiber 2.6 g
Added Sugar 2 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 1-1/2 starch
- 1 vegetable, medium potassium
- 1 fat
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register