1 pita pizza
- CKD non-dialysis
- 2 pita breads, 6-1/2” size
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup purple onion
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 4 ounces chicken, cooked
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Spray baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray and place 2 pitas on sheet.
- Spread 1-1/2 tablespoon BBQ sauce on each pita.
- Chop onion and spread over pitas.
- Cube chicken and spread over pitas.
- Sprinkle feta cheese and garlic powder over pitas.
- Bake for 11 to 13 minutes.
- See Spicy BBQ Sauce recipe on DaVita.com. It has only 43 mg sodium per 2 tablespoons compared to 125-460 mg sodium in commercially prepared barbecue sauce.
- Eat pita pizzas promptly after baking; otherwise they may become too crispy.
- Check the nutrition labels and buy the brand of feta cheese and pitas with the lowest amount of sodium.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 23 g
Carbohydrates 37 g
Fat 9 g
Cholesterol 55 mg
Sodium 523 mg
Potassium 255 mg
Phosphorus 221 mg
Calcium 163 mg
Fiber 2.4 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 2-1/2 meat
- 2 starch
- 1/2 vegetable, low potassium
Submitted by: DaVita renal dietitian Shannon from Illinois.
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
851,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register