Chicken Pesto on Ciabatta Rolls
- 1 cup chicken breast, cooked, shredded
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons pesto
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 small ciabatta rolls
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- In a medium bowl combine shredded chicken, pesto, Greek yogurt and black pepper.
- Slice and toast the ciabatta rolls.
- Divide the chicken pesto mixture in half and make sandwiches with the rolls. Add shredded lettuce as desired.
- Use chopped arugula instead of lettuce if desired. Nutrients are similar.
- For a lower protein sandwich cut chicken pesto mixture ingredients in half. Protein content is approximately 21 grams per sandwich.
- To reduce carbohydrates serve on half of a mini-baguette instead of the ciabatta roll. Carbohydrate is reduced to 26 grams.
Submitted by: DaVita renal dietitian Sara from California.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 31 g
Carbohydrates 40 g
Fat 10 g
Cholesterol 60 mg
Sodium 522 mg
Potassium 360 mg
Phosphorus 262 mg
Calcium 84 mg
Fiber 2.5 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 3 meat
- 2-1/2 starch
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register