- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup broccoli
- 1/4 cup red onion
- 1/4 cup fresh mushrooms
- 2 flour tortillas, 8-inch size
- I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® Spray
- 4 tablespoons marinara sauce
- 2 ounces grilled chicken
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- Set cream cheese out to soften. Chop broccoli; slice onion and mushrooms.
- Spray both sides of each flour tortilla with I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® spray and place on an aluminum foil covered baking tray.
- Bake both tortillas in the oven until golden brown, flipping tortillas as needed, for approximately 5 to 10 minutes.
- Remove tortillas from the oven and spread each with 1 ounce of cream cheese.
- Add 2 tablespoons marinara sauce to each tortilla and spread until covered.
- Slice chicken and layer 1 ounce of chicken on each tortilla then top with vegetables.
- Reheat in 400º F oven for approximately 5 minutes or until vegetables are cooked.
- Remove from oven, cut into quarters and serve.
- Compare brands and buy the lowest sodium tortillas and marinara sauce. Low-sodium tomato sauce can be used instead of marinara sauce to further reduce sodium.
- Lower fat cream cheese can be used but the sodium and phosphorus content will be higher.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 15 g
Carbohydrates 35 g
Fat 14 g
Cholesterol 61 mg
Sodium 572 mg
Potassium 397 mg
Phosphorus 194 mg
Calcium 75 mg
Fiber 2.4 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1 meat
- 2 starch
- 1 vegetable, low potassium
- 2 fat
Submitted by: DaVita renal dietitian Jamie from California.
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
851,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register