- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 1/2 cucumber
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 /4 teaspoon dry Italian salad dressing mix
- 4 slices white or wheat bread
- 1 pinch dried dill weed
- Peel and slice cucumber.
- In small bowl, mix together cream cheese, mayonnaise, and Italian dressing mix. Refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Spread cream cheese blend onto white bread. Top with cucumber slices and sprinkle with dill.
- Cut sandwiches in half and serve.
- Caution: some mayonnaise brands contain phosphorus. Read the ingredients label and avoid added phosphates.
- The cream cheese mixture keeps for about a week in the refrigerator.
- For a party appetizer, make a double recipe and cut sandwiches into 4 pieces. Serve on a tray garnished with fresh dill.
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Michele from Nevada.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 5 g
Carbohydrates 29 g
Fat 13 g
Cholesterol 19 mg
Sodium 425 mg
Potassium 208 mg
Phosphorus 98 mg
Calcium 109 mg
Fiber 1.9 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 2 starch
- 1/2 vegetable, low potassium
- 2 fat
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register