- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 1/4 cup red onion
- 2 cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 medium bell pepper
- 1/2 of large carrot
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 Greek flat bread
- 1 tablespoon plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup fresh baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon crumbled feta cheese
- Slice red onion and quarter the cherry tomatoes. Slice the red bell pepper and carrot into thin strips. Mince the garlic clove.
- Heat the flat bread one at time in hot pan over medium heat, 3-4 minutes per side.
- Whisk together minced garlic, plain Greek yogurt, ground black pepper, olive oil, tahini, lemon juice, ground cumin, and garlic powder in a bowl.
- Spread sauce evenly over each pita bread.
- Layer onion, tomato, bell pepper, carrot and spinach on each flat bread, split evenly between the two flat breads.
- Sprinkle feta over the vegetables and fold or roll the flatbread around the vegetables.
- If Greek flat bread is unavailable, other types of flat bread may be substituted. Look on the food label for the brand with the lowest sodium level and carbohydrate level if you are on a lower carbohydrate diet.
- Use left over Greek yogurt as a dip or in place of sour cream. The left-over carrot and bell pepper can be dipped into the Greek yogurt for a snack.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 6 g
Carbohydrates 20 g
Fat 14 g
Cholesterol 5 mg
Sodium 223 mg
Potassium 317 mg
Phosphorus 154 mg
Calcium 77 mg
Fiber 2.8 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1 starch
- 1-1/2 vegetable, medium potassium
- 2-1/2 fat
Submitted by: Recipe submitted by DaVita dietitian Josh from Michigan.
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
851,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register