Grilled Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich
- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 2 slices bread
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon jelly
- Spread the peanut butter and jelly on the bread, and place bread together. Butter the outside of the bread.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat. Grill the sandwich until lightly browned on both sides.
- If preferred use margarine instead of butter.
- Any flavor jelly is acceptable.Serve with carrot sticks and apple slices.
- Select low-sodium peanut butter to reduce sodium to 350 mg.
- Peanut butter is a high potassium, high phosphorus ingredient but still works in a kidney diet as a substitute for meat. Portion control is important.
- Additional phosphate binder may be required if eaten as a snack---check with your renal dietitian.
Submitted by: DaVita renal dietitian Shannon from Florida.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 12 g
Carbohydrates 42 g
Fat 26 g
Cholesterol 11 mg
Sodium 497 mg
Potassium 268 mg
Phosphorus 153 mg
Calcium 78 mg
Fiber 3.4 g
Added Sugar 9 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 1 meat
- 2 starch
- 1 high calorie
- 4 fat
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register