Mexican Chicken Pizza
- 4 flour tortillas, 6-inch size
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup canned, no salt-added whole-kernel corn
- 1/4 cup onion
- 1/2 cup red bell peppers
- 4 teaspoons fresh cilantro
- 2 cups roasted chicken breast
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Place flour tortillas on a baking sheet coated with nonstick cooking spray. Bake at 350° F for 10 minutes or until edges are light brown. Remove from oven; stack and press down to flatten. Set aside.
- Drain corn; dice onion, red peppers and chicken. Chop garlic and cilantro.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat; coat pan with cooking spray.
- Add corn to skillet and cook 1 minute or until lightly charred. Add onion, red peppers, chicken and garlic; cook 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Remove from heat; stir in lime juice.
- Place tortillas on baking sheet. Spoon 3/4-cup chicken mixture onto each tortilla; top each with 2 tablespoons of cheese. Bake at 350° F for 2 minutes or until the cheese melts.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle each pizza with 1 teaspoon cilantro.
- Always select natural cheeses instead of processed cheese. Sodium and phosphorus contents are usually lower in natural cheeses.
- Stick with the recommended cheese portion (2 tablespoons per pizza—or less) to keep phosphorus in a reasonable range.
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Shelli from Michigan.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 26 g
Carbohydrates 31 g
Fat 9 g
Cholesterol 59 mg
Sodium 253 mg
Potassium 329 mg
Phosphorus 250 mg
Calcium 120 mg
Fiber 2.1 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 3 meat
- 1-1/2 starch
- 1 vegetable
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register