Philly Chicken Sandwich
- 2 cups roasted chicken
- 1 teaspoon ghee or butter
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon Mrs. Dash® Steak Grilling Blend seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 French bread rolls or pistolettes
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Shred roasted chicken and measure two cups for recipe.
- Sauté chicken in a skillet with ghee or butter and water.
- Sprinkle Mrs. Dash, onion powder and garlic powder onto cooking chicken.
- Stir occasionally and cook 5 to 8 minutes. Add more water if chicken appears dry.
- Cut the rolls or pistolettes in half and spread mayonnaise on each side.
- Divide cooked chicken into four portions and spoon onto each roll or pistolette. Top with the other roll half.
- Leftover chicken works great for this recipe.
- Pistolettes are a type of submarine shaped bread about half the size of a baguette. It is popular in New Orleans for sandwiches.
- Ghee is clarified butter that is prepared by simmering butter and removing the residue.
Submitted by: DaVita renal dietitian Heidi from Louisiana.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 23 g
Carbohydrates 19 g
Fat 13 g
Cholesterol 66 mg
Sodium 328 mg
Potassium 216 mg
Phosphorus 167 mg
Calcium 47 mg
Fiber 1.3 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 3 meat
- 1 starch
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register