Pineapple, Pork & Pepper Pizza
- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 8 ounces ground pork, uncooked
- 1/2 cup onion
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasonings
- 1/2 cup pineapple tidbits
- 1/2 cup part skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup Roasted Red Pepper Tomato Sauce (see recipe in "Sauces & Seasonings" section)
- Easy Pizza Dough (see recipe in Breads section)
- Prepare Easy Pizza Dough and Red Pepper Tomato Sauce.
- Dice onion; chop bell pepper.
- In a medium skillet, brown ground pork with onion and Italian seasonings. Drain fat, remove mixture from skillet and set aside.
- Shape pizza dough to make two flat 12" pizza crusts and place on pizza pan or baking stone.
- Spread 1/2 cup Roasted Red Pepper Tomato Sauce over each pizza.
- Top with pork mixture, bell pepper and pineapple.
- Sprinkle mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses on top.
- Bake at 425º F for 12 to 16 minutes until bubbly and browned.
- Red pepper tomato sauce and pizza dough can be made in advance and refrigerated or frozen until the day pizza is prepared.
- To form 12" pizza, turn a medium-sized bowl upside down and dust with flour. Gently stretch dough evenly over outside of the bowl; turn and place on pizza pan.
- Makes two 12" pizzas.
Submitted by: Recipe created exclusively for DaVita.com by DaVita dietitian Sara, RD, CSR, CDE, from California.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 15 g
Carbohydrates 38 g
Fat 21 g
Cholesterol 32 mg
Sodium 229 mg
Potassium 355 mg
Phosphorus 177 mg
Calcium 88 mg
Fiber 2.3 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 1-1/2 meat
- 2 starch
- 1 vegetable, medium potassium
- 2 fat
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register