Spicy Tenderloin Sub Sandwich
1 sandwich (1/4th baguette)
- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 3 tablespoons garlic paste
- 1-1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons Mrs. Dash® herb seasoning blend
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 pound pork tenderloin
- 1 cup carrots
- 1 cup radishes
- 1/2 cup green onions
- 1 medium cucumber
- 2 jalapeno peppers
- 2 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 baguettes, 20-inch size
- non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Combine garlic paste, 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar, 1/2 teaspoon Mrs. Dash seasoning and curry powder (or cayenne if desired). Reserve 1 tablespoon for mayonnaise spread. Spread the remainder evenly on pork loin.
- Cut off thin end of pork loin. Spray small roasting pan and rack with non-stick cooking spray. Place both pieces of pork on rack. Roast for 15-20 minutes, removing smaller piece after 12 minutes. Cover and let stand to cool, then refrigerate. Pork will be slightly pink inthe center.
- Shred carrots and radishes; thinly slice green onions. Slice cucumber into 16 thin slices. Seed and thinly slice jalapeno peppers.
- Combine carrot, radishes, green onions, 1 tablespoon sugar, rice vinegar and remaining 1-1/2 teaspoons Mrs. Dash seasoning; set aside.
- Combine mayonnaise and reserved garlic mixture; set aside.
- Thinly slice pork; set aside.
- Slice each baguette in half lengthwise. Divide mayonnaise mixture in half and spread on cut side of each baguette. Divide carrot mixture in half and distribute over base of each sandwich.
- Top with pork slices, cucumber and jalapeno if desired. Place on top bread half and cut each baguette into four sandwiches.
- Buy garlic paste or make your own with fresh garlic by mashing with a mortar and pestle.
- For variety substitute 1 pound of beef tenderloin or 1 pound of boneless, skinless chicken breast for pork tenderloin.
- If you need more calories use regular mayonnaise.
- Cut recipe in half if you do not need 8 servings.
- Leftover sandwiches can be wrapped and refrigerated for the next day.
Submitted by: DaVita renal dietitian Chatura from Ohio.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 17 g
Carbohydrates 26 g
Fat 5 g
Cholesterol 40 mg
Sodium 374 mg
Potassium 411 mg
Phosphorus 182 mg
Calcium 58 mg
Fiber 2.3 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 2 meat
- 1-1/2 starch
- 1 vegetable, medium potassium
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register