Turkey Pinwheel Sandwiches
- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 1 roasted red pepper
- 3 tablespoons whipped cream cheese
- 1 tortilla wrap,10-inch size
- 1 cup spring mix salad greens
- 2 ounces thinly sliced deli turkey
- 6 toothpicks
- Cut red pepper into thin 1/4" strips (about 10 strips).
- Spread cream cheese evenly on tortilla wrap.
- Layer with spring mix salad greens and turkey slices.
- Space out roasted red pepper strips on top.
- Grab the end tightly and start rolling.
- Use toothpicks to hold the end in place (space out 4 to 6 toothpicks evenly along the edge).
- Cut into 6 pieces. For neat appearance, cut small slices at both ends and discard.
- Serve with cross section facing up.
- Shredded lettuce can be used instead of spring mix. Spring mix gives a more intense color and flavor.
- Use low sodium peppers in a jar or can or roast a fresh pepper over a stovetop burner, place in a paper bag 5 minutes then remove charred skin before slicing.
- For summer flare, you can also add fresh mint, basil or cilantro for a more refreshing taste.
- Be careful not to overfill the wrap as it will make rolling more difficult.
- Serve on a dark or bright color serving plate to contrast the colors of the pinwheel .
Submitted by: DaVita renal dietitian Wai Yin from South Carolina.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 9 g
Carbohydrates 14 g
Fat 9 g
Cholesterol 30 mg
Sodium 440 mg
Potassium 270 mg
Phosphorus 119 mg
Calcium 36 mg
Fiber 1.7 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 1 meat
- 1 starch
- 1 vegetable, low potassium
- 1 fat
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register