- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 1/2 cup red onion
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup mushroom pieces
- 1/2 cup pineapple tidbits
- 1/2 cup part skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup Roasted Red Pepper Tomato Sauce (see recipe in "Sauces & Seasonings" section)
- Easy Pizza Dough (see recipe in Breads section)
- Dice onion; chop bell pepper.
- Prepare Easy Pizza Dough and Red Pepper Tomato Sauce recipes.
- Preheat oven to 425º F.
- Shape pizza dough to make two flat 12" pizza crusts.
- Spread 1/2 cup Roasted Red Pepper Tomato Sauce over each pizza.
- Top with red onion, mushrooms, bell pepper and pineapple.
- Sprinkle mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses on top.
- Bake for12 to 16 minutes until bubbly and browned.
- Red pepper tomato sauce and pizza dough can be made in advance and refrigerated or frozen until the day pizza is prepared.
- To form 12" pizza, turn a medium-sized bowl upside down and dust with flour. Gently stretch dough evenly over outside of the bowl; turn and place on pizza pan.
- Makes two 12" pizzas.
Submitted by: Recipe created exclusively for DaVita.com by DaVita dietitian Sara, RD, CSR, CDE, from California.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 8 g
Carbohydrates 37 g
Fat 12 g
Cholesterol 5 mg
Sodium 165 mg
Potassium 210 mg
Phosphorus 111 mg
Calcium 74 mg
Fiber 2.2 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 1/2 meat
- 2 starch
- 1 vegetable, medium potassium
- 1 fat
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register