After Thanksgiving Turkey Salad
- 3 cups turkey meat, cooked
- 1 cup red grapes
- 2 cups celery
- 1/4 red onion
- 1 large yellow bell pepper
- 1/4 cup low fat mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons salt-free seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup whole cranberry sauce
- Cut turkey into cubes. Cut grapes in half. Dice the celery, onion and bell pepper. Place these ingredients in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a smaller bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, salt-free seasoning, sugar and cranberry sauce.
- Pour the sauce over the turkey mixture and refrigerate for 30 minutes to allow flavors to combine.
- Serve the turkey salad with low-sodium crackers, whole grain toast or over lettuce or mixed greens.
- This recipe lasts 3 to 4 days in the refrigerator. It’s a great way to use your turkey dinner leftovers!
- Use your favorite salt-free herb seasoning blend.
Submitted by: DaVita renal dietitian Elyse from Virginia.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 22 g
Carbohydrates 19 g
Fat 12 g
Cholesterol 76 mg
Sodium 152 mg
Potassium 478 mg
Phosphorus 188 mg
Calcium 37 mg
Fiber 1.4 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 3 meat
- 1 vegetable, medium potassium
- 1/2 high-calorie
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register