- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 4 cups fresh pineapple
- 3 cups fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup Splenda© granular sweetener
- 1/2 cup packed basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- Cube pineapple and quarter strawberries.
- Combine Splenda sweetener with 1/2 cup water in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Cook 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in basil and lime zest.
- Cool to room temperature then strain through a fine strainer into a bowl; discard solids.
- Combine pineapple, strawberries and blueberries in a large bowl. Drizzle with Splenda mixture and toss to coat. Chill until ready to serve.
- Fresh basil works best, but you can use equal amount of dried whole leaves).
- This salad can be refrigerated up to two days.
- For higher calories use sugar instead of Splenda sweetener.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 1 g
Carbohydrates 12 g
Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 2 mg
Potassium 148 mg
Phosphorus 18 mg
Calcium 20 mg
Fiber 2.0 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1 fruit, medium potassium
Submitted by: DaVita® dietitian Julie from Indiana.
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
851,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register