Blackened Shrimp Pineapple Salad
- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 14 large shrimp, raw
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium blackening seasoning
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1-1/2 cups fresh pineapple, cut in chunks
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cut in thin slices
- 2 cup romaine lettuce
- 1/4 cup corn kernels
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Peel and devein shrimp.
- Rub and coat shrimp with blackening seasoning. In a pan, heat butter over medium-high heat and sauté shrimp. Cook about 2-3 minutes on each side or until shrimp curls. Remove from heat and set on a paper towel-covered plate to cool.
- Cut pineapple into chunks. Thinly slice bell pepper and tear lettuce into bite-sized pieces.
- In a salad bowl, combine the pineapple, bell pepper, corn and lettuce. Sprinkle with olive oil, vinegar and black pepper and toss.
- Top with blackened shrimp and serve.
- Recipe analysis includes the DaVita.com recipe for Low Sodium Blackening Seasoning, which has 134 mg sodium per teaspoon.
- Adjust shrimp for higher or lower protein diets.
Submitted by: Recipe modified from Safeway's Fresh Ideas Magazine recipe and submitted by DaVita dietitian Theresa from Colorado.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 13 g
Carbohydrates 20 g
Fat 14 g
Cholesterol 90 mg
Sodium 340 mg
Potassium 468 mg
Phosphorus 150 mg
Calcium 38 mg
Fiber 4.5 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 2 meat
- 1 vegetable, low potassium
- 1 fruit, medium potassium
- 1 fat
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register