Broccoli and Apple Salad
- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 3/4 cup low fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 medium apple
- 1/2 cup red onion
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup dried sweetened cranberries
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- Trim and cut broccoli florets into small bite size pieces. Dice unpeeled apple into small bite size pieces. Chop the fresh parsley.
- In a large bowl whisk together the yogurt, mayonnaise, honey, vinegar and parsley.
- Add the remaining ingredients and coat with the yogurt mixture. Refrigerate to chill and let the flavors combine. Stir immediately before serving.
- Use your favorite variety of apple.
- Can be served immediately if not time to refrigerate.
- This salad is great during the holidays but can be enjoyed all year long.
- Garnish with additional fresh parsley prior to serving if desired.
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Sarah from Maryland.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 4 g
Carbohydrates 18 g
Fat 8 g
Cholesterol 5 mg
Sodium 63 mg
Potassium 220 mg
Phosphorus 74 mg
Calcium 58 mg
Fiber 2.2 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 1 vegetable, medium potassium
- 1/2 fruit, low potassium
- 1 fat
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register