- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 1 small fresh ginger root
- 2 large carrots
- 1 lime
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1-1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- Break off a 2-inch piece of the ginger root (roughly the size of your thumb). Rinse, dry and peel it, and then slice into coins. Place the ginger in a blender.
- Rinse, dry and peel the carrots. Roughly chop them and place in the blender.
- Juice the lime and add juice to the blender. Add all remaining ingredients and blend until the mixture is completely smooth. If too thick add equal amounts of oil and vinegar to thin the dressing.
- Taste the dressing and if it is too sweet then add additional lime juice or vinegar. It should have a hint of tartness, but if it tastes too sour then add a bit more honey.
- Store leftover dressing in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
- Ginger is very fibrous and may be tough to cut. To peel the ginger root hold it firmly in one hand and then hold the bowl of a metal spoon firmly in your other hand. Scrape the edge of the spoon against the ginger root to peel off the skin.
- Use coconut aminos instead of soy sauce if desired. Replace honey with maple syrup if desired.
- This dressing is versatile enough to be paired with any fresh salad greens of your choice. Try it with cucumbers, carrots, bell peppers, cabbage and also other Asian-inspired dishes.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 0 g
Carbohydrates 3 g
Fat 5 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 13 mg
Potassium 38 mg
Phosphorus 5 mg
Calcium 4 mg
Fiber 0.3 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1 fat
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Joanne from Florida.
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
851,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register