- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 6 ounces dry raspberry gelatin mix
- 8 ounces canned crushed pineapple, juice pack
- 1 pound raw cranberries
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1-1/2 cups celery
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 8 ounces miniature marshmallows
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- Drain pineapple and reserve liquid.
- Make gelatin according to package directions, using drained pineapple juice for part of the liquid. Refrigerate until partially set.
- Chop pecans and dice celery.
- Chop or grind cranberries by hand or in a food processor.
- Mix remaining ingredients with cranberries, then blend into partially set gelatin.
- Pour into greased gelatin molds and refrigerate 3 to 4 hours until firm.
- Sugar-free gelatin may be substituted for regular gelatin. Carbohydrate is reduced to 15 grams per serving and Carbohydrate choices are reduced to one.
- For extra firmness, add 1 package unflavored dry gelatin to flavored dry gelatin before adding liquid in step #1 above.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 2 g
Carbohydrates 27 g
Fat 2 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 62 mg
Potassium 73 mg
Phosphorus 29 mg
Calcium 10 mg
Fiber 1.2 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1 fruit, low potassium
- 1/2 high calorie
- 1/2 fat
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Joyce from Texas.
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
851,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register