- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 4 ounces bow-tie pasta, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons orange bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons yellow bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons red onion
- 3 tablespoons cucumber
- 3 tablespoons carrot
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Chop bell peppers, red onion, and cucumbers. Shred carrots.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions, without salt. Drain and rinse in cold water to cool. Place in a large bowl.
- Mix prepared vegetables with pasta and mix to combine.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients with a whisk, then stir into pasta and vegetables.
- Chill for at least 1 hour before serving.
- To lower fat, use reduced-fat mayonnaise. Be aware that sodium content of many reduced-fat products is higher than the regular product.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 3 g
Carbohydrates 15 g
Fat 19 g
Cholesterol 17 mg
Sodium 133 mg
Potassium 72 mg
Phosphorus 33 mg
Calcium 8 mg
Fiber 0.6 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1 starch
- 1/2 vegetable, low potassium
- 3 fat
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Marianne from Iowa.
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
851,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register