Creamy Fruit Salad
- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 2 medium apples
- 2 medium fresh pears
- 15 ounces canned peaches in light syrup
- 1-1/2 cups fresh strawberries
- 1-1/2 cups green grapes
- 4 ounces low-fat cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1-1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup fresh berries
- Cut apples, pears and peaches into bite-size pieces. Cut strawberries into quarters.
- Place cut fruit in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Place a metal bowl and metal beaters of a hand mixer in the freezer for 15 to 30 minutes. Pour heavy cream into the bowl and mix with chilled beaters until stiff peaks form.
- In a medium bowl, mix cream cheese, sugar, and sour cream until smooth. Gently fold in whipped cream until mixed well.
- Just before serving, pour cream cheese mixture over fruit and gently stir.
- Top with fresh berries and serve.
- Substitute with any low potassium fruits of your choice. Make it colorful! (blueberries, raspberries, blackberries or a mixture).
- This is my family’s favorite fruit salad recipe and a great potluck item. It’s best to eat it the same day because it can get watery overnight.
- Reduce ingredients in half to make a smaller amount.
Submitted by: DaVita renal dietitian Akemi from Nebraska.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 2 g
Carbohydrates 19 g
Fat 10 g
Cholesterol 34 mg
Sodium 40 mg
Potassium 175 mg
Phosphorus 43 mg
Calcium 36 mg
Fiber 2.3 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 1 fruit, low potassium
- 2 fat
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register