- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 6 cups iceberg lettuce
- 1/2 cup bell pepper
- 1/2 cup radishes
- 1/2 cup cucumber
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 2 cups Southern-style Cornbread
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3/4 teaspoon dry powder Ranch dressing mix
- Shred lettuce, chop bell pepper and cilantro, slice radishes and peel and dice cucumbers.
- Combine in a large salad bowl.
- Mix in crumbled cornbread.
- In a separate bowl, mix sour cream, mayonnaise and ranch dressing mix.
- Pour sour cream mixture over salad and mix well.
- Chill before serving.
- A great way to use leftover cornbread.
- Try the DaVita.com recipe for Southern-style Cornbread — it’s low in sodium and phosphorus, but full or flavor.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 4 g
Carbohydrates 25 g
Fat 11 g
Cholesterol 29 mg
Sodium 175 mg
Potassium 231 mg
Phosphorus 71 mg
Calcium 42 mg
Fiber 2.5 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1-1/2 starch
- 1 vegetable, medium potassium
- 2 fat
Submitted by: DaVita renal dietitian Sara from California.
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
851,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register