- 3 cups cooked chicken
- 1 cup green apple
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup red onion
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- 1 cup green grapes
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup whey protein powder
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- Cube chicken. Chop apple, bell pepper, onion and cilantro. Slice grapes in half.
- Mix mayonnaise, sour cream, protein powder and lime juice together.
- Add remaining ingredients, and stir until chicken is coated with dressing.
- Cover, refrigerate at least 2 hours until flavors mix.
- Serve on lettuce or on bread or crackers.
- You can stuff pita pockets with this chicken salad, or serve on low-sodium crackers or toast. For a snack size, serve in small cups, or on a single cracker.
- Carol recommends EAS 100% Whey Protein Powder, a whey protein available in many stores such as Costco® and Walmart®. If unavailable in your area, ask your dietitian for recommendations on other protein powder brands.
- Protein powder contributes 24 grams per 1/2 cup. Products vary amount of protein and serving size.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 23 g
Carbohydrates 11 g
Fat 14 g
Cholesterol 65 mg
Sodium 215 mg
Potassium 333 mg
Phosphorus 192 mg
Calcium 64 mg
Fiber 0.9 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 3 meat
- 1 fruit, low potassium
Submitted by: DaVita renal dietitian Carol from California.
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
851,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register