- CKD non-dialysis
- 1/4 cup unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1 cup carrots
- 2 tablespoons green onion
- 2 tablespoons red bell pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Mrs. Dash® Italian Medley seasoning blend
- Combine rice vinegar, sugar, olive oil and black pepper in a medium bowl. Stir with a whisk.
- Cut the 1/2 cucumber in half vertically, remove seeds and slice. Slice carrots and green onion. Finely chop bell pepper.
- Add carrots, onion, red bell pepper, cucumber and Mrs. Dash to vinegar mixture; toss to coat.
- Cover and chill 30 minutes.
- Select unseasoned rice vinegar or substitute cider vinegar if unavailable. Avoid seasoned rice vinegar, as it contains 240 milligrams of sodium for only one tablespoon.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 0 g
Carbohydrates 6 g
Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 22 mg
Potassium 180 mg
Phosphorus 22 mg
Calcium 20 mg
Fiber 1 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1 vegetable, medium potassium
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Kim from Michigan.
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
851,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register