- CKD non-dialysis
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup celery
- 1/2 cup sweet onion (Vidalia® or other sweet onion)
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon Mrs. Dash® garlic & herb seasoning blend
- Hard boil the eggs for 8 minutes; turn the heat off and leave eggs in water for 2 additional minutes.
- Peel the eggs and chop or grate to desired consistency.
- Finely chop celery and onion. Drain pickle relish then measure 2 tablespoons.
- In a medium bowl mix all ingredients together until well blended.
- Chill at least 1 hour in the refrigerator before serving.
- If eggs are purchased at least a week ahead of time they will be much easier to peel when boiled.
- Compare brands and select the mustard, mayonnaise and pickle relish with the lowest sodium content.
- Refrigerate overnight for optimal flavor.
- Serve with low-sodium crackers or spread on sandwich bread.
- Keep egg salad in an insulated bag if taking away from home to keep it cold and avoid food spoilage.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 7 g
Carbohydrates 9 g
Fat 13 g
Cholesterol 190 mg
Sodium 238 mg
Potassium 155 mg
Phosphorus 114 mg
Calcium 40 mg
Fiber 0.7 g
Added Sugar 0
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1 meat
- 1/2 vegetable, low potassium
- 1-1/2 fat
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Jennie from Georgia.
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
851,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register