Garden Vegetable Salad
- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 1 cup lettuce
- 1/4 medium cucumber
- 4 baby carrots
- 1/4 cup broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Clean, wash and dry all vegetables
- Coarsely chop lettuce and place into a salad bowl.
- Slice cucumber and place on top of lettuce.
- Chop or shred 4 baby carrots and place in salad bowl.
- Cut or break apart broccoli florets into bite-size pieces.
- Combine balsamic vinegar and olive oil and pour over salad.
- Gently toss and serve.
- Low-sodium Italian dressing or another favorite salad dressing could be used in place of balsamic vinegar and olive oil.
- A cooked chicken breast can be added to increase protein intake.
Submitted by: DaVita® renal dietitian Jessica from Minnesota.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 1 g
Carbohydrates 10 g
Fat 5 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 50 mg
Potassium 303 mg
Phosphorus 45 mg
Calcium 44 mg
Fiber 2.0 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 2 vegetable, medium potassium
- 1 fat
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register