Grab 'n' Go Southwestern Salad
1 cup salad, 1/4 cup croutons
- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 12 ounces frozen southwestern vegetable blend
- 2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup vinaigrette salad dressing
- 1 cup seasoned croutons
- Mix frozen veggies and lettuce in a bowl. (If eating immediately thaw vegetables before mixing with the lettuce.)
- Toss with dressing and divide into 4 servings. Portion into 12 to 16 ounce jars or portable lunch containers.
- Add 2 cherry tomatoes to each salad serving.
- Seal and refrigerate salad jars until ready to go. Keeps for 3 to 4 days refrigerated.
- Divide croutons into 1/4 cup servings and store in small containers or snack bags (do not refrigerate). Add to salad when ready to eat.
- Decrease sodium to only 125 mg per serving by using Creamy Vinaigrette Dressing from DaVita.com instead of store bought dressing.
- Southwestern blend veggies contain corn, green peppers, onions and black beans.
- Add cooked chicken or low-sodium canned tuna for added protein.
Submitted by: DaVita renal dietitain Jenifer from Washington.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 6 g
Carbohydrates 26 g
Fat 6 g
Cholesterol 1 mg
Sodium 265 mg
Potassium 376 mg
Phosphorus 103 mg
Calcium 33 mg
Fiber 5 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
2 vegetable, low and medium potassium
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register