- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 20 ounces pineapple tidbits, canned, packed in juice
- 11 ounces mandarin oranges, canned, packed in juice
- 8 ounces whipped topping
- 3 cups cottage cheese, 2% low fat
- 1 small box orange gelatin
- 3 scoops vanilla whey protein powder
- Drain the pineapple and mandarin oranges.
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together
- Refrigerate until perfectly chilled.
- Nancy uses Daisy® brand cottage cheese because it has no phosphate additives and is lower in sodium compared to some brands.
- EAS® brand 100% whey protein powder was used in recipe analysis.
- Substitute sugar-free gelatin for regular to reduce carbohydrate to 18 grams per serving (1 carbohydrate choice).
Nutrients per serving
Protein 13 g
Carbohydrates 23 g
Fat 8 g
Cholesterol 19 mg
Sodium 297 mg
Potassium 167 mg
Phosphorus 146 mg
Calcium 86 mg
Fiber 0.6 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 2 meat
- 1-1/2 fruit, low potassium
Submitted by: DaVita renal dietitian Nancy from North Carolina.
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
851,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register