Italian Style Macaroni Salad with Tuna
- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 3 large eggs
- 1 pound small shell pasta, uncooked
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 6 ounces tuna canned in olive oil
- 2 tablespoons gherkin pickles
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle juice
- Boil eggs until hard boiled, about 10 minutes. Remove eggs to a bowl of cold water to cool.
- While eggs are cooking, boil 1 pound of small shells or ditalini pasta until al dente. Drain.
- Add pasta to a bowl and mix in mayonnaise.
- Add 6 ounces canned tuna and mix with pasta.
- Add chopped baby gherkin pickles and a tablespoon of pickle juice; mix with pasta.
- Peel and slice hard boiled eggs and add to pasta.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. Enjoy!
- Freda uses Pastene® brand Italian-style tuna (tonno) canned with olive oil.
- Ditalini pasta is a type of pasta shaped like small tubes and described as very short macaroni.
- Adjust portion for a lower carbohydrate diet.
Submitted by: Recipe created by DaVita patient Freda and submitted by DaVita renal dietitian Lorraine from Massachusetts.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 13 g
Carbohydrates 35 g
Fat 6 g
Cholesterol 60 mg
Sodium 140 mg
Potassium 107 mg
Phosphorus 144 mg
Calcium 19 mg
Fiber 2.0 g
Added Sugar 0 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 1 meat
- 2 starch
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register