- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 1 cup rice, uncooked
- 2 cups celery
- 1 medium red onion
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper
- 1 small cucumber
- 8 medium radishes
- 1-1/4 cups mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 4 large hard-cooked eggs
- Cook rice (or pasta) according to package directions without added salt. Refrigerate to chill.
- Slice celery and finely chop red onion and bell pepper. Peel and dice cucumber and slice radishes. Chop eggs.
- Add mayonnaise, celery, onion and mustard to chilled rice or pasta. Mix well and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Stir in eggs, radish slices, cucumber and red peppers before serving chilled salad.
- Choose rice or salad pasta (elbow, mini shells, salad macaroni). Both work well in this amazing salad.
- Reduce mayonnaise or use fat-free mayonnaise for a lower fat dish.
- Two medium celery stalks will yield about 1 cup sliced celery, a medium onion is about 2-1/2" in diameter, 1 small cucumber is 6-7" long and a medium radish is about 1" in diameter.
- A large red bell pepper will yield 1 cup chopped. When preparing this recipes, the left over pepper can be sliced and used as a snack
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Mary from Kansas.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 4 g
Carbohydrates 15 g
Fat 25 g
Cholesterol 95 mg
Sodium 232 mg
Potassium 197 mg
Phosphorus 76 mg
Calcium 30 mg
Fiber 0.9 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 1 starch
- 1/2 vegetable, medium potassium
- 4 fat
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register