Lime Gelatin Salad with Cottage Cheese
- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 1/2 cup celery
- 20 ounces canned crushed pineapple, packed in juice
- 1 packet Knox® original unflavored gelatin
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup 1% low fat milk
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- Finely dice celery.
- Drain juice from pineapple into a pan. Bring to a boil and remove from heat.
- Pour gelatin powder into the juice. Stir until dissolved, and then stir in lime juice.
- Stir in pineapple, milk, cottage cheese and celery.
- Pour into a 9" x 13" dish and refrigerate. Stir every 15 minutes to combine ingredients evenly, until gelatin begins to set.
- Chill at least one hour longer before serving.
- Serve as an appetizer, salad or dessert. For a salad, divide into 10 equal portions. Place each serving on a lettuce-lined plate. For a dessert, spoon a 1/2-cup serving into a parfait glass and top with whipped topping.
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Libby from Virginia.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 6 g
Carbohydrates 12 g
Fat 1 g
Cholesterol 6 mg
Sodium 150 mg
Potassium 167 mg
Phosphorus 85 mg
Calcium 77 mg
Fiber 0.6 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 1/2 fruit, low potassium
- 1/2 milk
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register