Mandarin Chicken Salad
- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast, uncooked
- 2 green onions
- 2 celery stalks
- 3 medium mandarin oranges
- 1/2 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Arrange chicken in a baking pan and bake until done, approximately 45 minutes. Remove cooked chicken from oven and let cool.
- Chop chicken into fine pieces and place in a large bowl. Finely chop green onions and celery. Peel mandarin oranges.
- Add green onions, celery and mayonnaise to chicken. Mix well. Chill until ready to serve.
- Before serving, cut mandarin orange section in half and fold into the chicken salad.
- Serve over mixed salad greens, on bread or rolls as a sandwich, or as a spread on crackers for a high protein snack.
- Substitute 1 cup drained, canned mandarin oranges if fresh fruit is unavailable.
- To increase the protein content of this recipe for people on a high protein diet, 1/4 cup of protein powder may be added.
- If you are on a lower protein diet you may need to decrease the portion size according to your meal plan. Consult with your dietitian for help.
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Judy from Kansas.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 18 g
Carbohydrates 6 g
Fat 7 g
Cholesterol 52 mg
Sodium 145 mg
Potassium 240 mg
Phosphorus 145 mg
Calcium 13 mg
Fiber 0.9 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 3 meat
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register