Mandarin Orange and Cottage Cheese Salad
- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 16-ounce container frozen dessert whipped topping
- 1 small box orange gelatin
- 11 ounces canned mandarin oranges
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- In a medium bowl mix thawed dessert topping and dry gelatin powder together.
- Drain the mandarin oranges. Add mandarin oranges and cottage cheese to dessert topping mixture. Stir to combine.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
- Tru Whip® frozen dessert topping does not contain phosphate additives.
- For variety, substitute a 16-ounce can of drained pineapple for mandarin oranges and lime gelatin for orange gelatin.
- Use sugar-free gelatin and sugar-free dessert topping for lower a carbohydrate dessert. Carbohydrates are reduced to 7 grams per serving, 1/2 Carbohydrate Choice.
- Add 1/2 cup miniature marshmallows for extra sweetness. Top with 2 tablespoons chopped pecans if desired.
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Pamela from Arkansas
Nutrients per serving
Protein 5 g
Carbohydrates 29 g
Fat 15 g
Cholesterol 3 mg
Sodium 153 mg
Potassium 71 mg
Phosphorus 65 mg
Calcium 37 mg
Fiber 0.2 g
Added Sugar 24 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 1/2 meat (protein)
- 1/2 fruit, low potassium
- 1 high-calorie
- 3 fat
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register