Mixed Berry and Basil Fruit Salad
- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 1/4 cup Almond Breeze® almond and coconut milk blend
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 cups fresh strawberries
- 10 fresh basil leaves
- In a medium bowl combine almond milk, vinegar and sugar.
- Cut strawberries into quarters.
- Add berries to liquids and and toss well.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour to chill.
- When ready to serve chop the basil and stir into the salad.
- Try other berries in season.
- Use your favorite milk or cream substitute, preferably one without phosphate additives.
- Almond Breeze® almond coconut milk blend does not contain phosphate additives and is low in phosphorus and potassium compared to milk or cream. If you are limiting calcium due to high calcium levels choose another milk substitute as this product does contain calcium carbonate.
Submitted by: Original recipe from Cooking Light magazine (April 2001) was modified and submitted by DaVita renal dietitian Geri from Illinois.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 1 g
Carbohydrates 13 g
Fat 1 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 10 mg
Potassium 160 mg
Phosphorus 25 mg
Calcium 46 mg
Fiber 2.4 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 1 fruit, medium potassium
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register