- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 1 tablespoon onion
- 1 cup carrots
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup cucumber
- 1 cup red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 16-ounce box rotini pasta
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Mrs. Dash® herb seasoning blend
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- Finely mince onion, shred carrots, cut broccoli florets into small pieces, dice cucumber and chop bell pepper.
- Combine vinegar, oil, garlic powder, pepper, oregano, celery seed and onion to make dressing. Set aside.
- Cook pasta al dente; do not overcook.
- Drain and rinse pasta. Toss with enough dressing to coat.
- Add parmesan cheese to pasta and refrigerate for at least 12 hours.
- Two hours before serving, add the remaining vegetables, Mrs. Dash® and paprika, and toss. Add more dressing if needed or desired.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- It's important to refrigerate the Pasta Salad for a minimum of 12 (but no more than 24) hours before serving to allow the seasonings time to infuse into the pasta.
- The amount of dressing and paprika used in this recipe is a matter of personal preference. Analysis includes all the dressing.
Submitted by: Recipe provided by DaVita dietitian Dawn from Ohio.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 6 g
Carbohydrates 27 g
Fat 10 g
Cholesterol 2 mg
Sodium 32 mg
Potassium 175 mg
Phosphorus 77 mg
Calcium 29 mg
Fiber 2.2 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 1-1/2 starch
- 1/2 vegetable, low potassium
- 2 fat
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register