Peach, Arugula and Quinoa Salad
1-3/4 cup salad + 2 peach halves
- CKD non-dialysis
- Higher Potassium
- Heart Healthy
- 1/3 cup quinoa
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper
- 1 fresh shallot
- 2 medium fresh peaches
- 2 tablespoons unsalted walnuts
- 2 cups arugula
- Cook the quinoa according to package instructions.
- Slice the bell pepper and dice the shallot. Cut peaches in half and remove the pits. Chop the walnuts.
- Lightly spray a medium skillet or grill pan with cooking oil and heat over medium-high heat.
- Add walnuts to hot pan for 1-2 minutes, just until lightly toasted. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add bell pepper, shallot and peach halves to the pan. Cook until soft and lightly browned. Remove from heat.
- To assemble salad, top 1 cup arugula with 1/2 cup cooked quinoa. Divide the remaining ingredients and top each salad.
- Serve with 2 tablespoons Peach Basil Vinaigrette Dressing or your favorite vinaigrette dressing.
- Make Brittany’s Peach Basil Vinaigrette Dressing for this salad.
- White vinegar or apple cider vinegar may be substituted for champagne vinegar.
- If desired skip cooking the bell pepper, shallots and peaches for a faster raw salad.
- For a lower potassium salad decrease the peach to 1/2 per salad. The potassium is 487 mg instead of 630 mg.
Submitted by: Recipe submitted by DaVita dietitian Brittany from Virginia.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 8 g
Carbohydrates 38 g
Fat 7 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 14 mg
Potassium 630 mg
Phosphorus 217 mg
Calcium 78 mg
Fiber 6.3 g
Added Sugar 0 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 1 starch
- 1-1/2 vegetable, low potassium
- 1 fruit, high potassium
- 1 fat
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register