Pear and Cranberry Salad with Honey-Ginger Dressing
1 cup salad, 1-1/2 tablespoons dressing
- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 2 cups watercress
- 4 cups baby green leaf lettuce
- 1 medium Bartlett pear
- 1/3 cup dried, sweetened cranberries
- 2 tablespoons pecan pieces
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ginger paste (or minced ginger)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Clean the watercress; core and slice pear then cut each slice into 3 pieces.
- In a large bowl combine watercress, lettuce, pear, cranberries and pecan pieces.
- In a jar combine vinegar, honey, olive oil, ginger and mustard. Cover with a lid and shake until well mixed.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss before serving.
- Adjust the amount of salad dressing added according to your preference for more or less dressing.
- Ginger paste is packaged in a tube and available in the produce section of some grocery stores. If unavailable, use minced fresh ginger root.
Submitted by: Reipe submitted by DaVita dietitian Sara from California.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 1 g
Carbohydrates 19 g
Fat 11 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 26 mg
Potassium 165 mg
Phosphorus 30 mg
Calcium 34 mg
Fiber 2.2 g
Added Sugar 10 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 1 vegetable, low potassium
- 1/2 fruit, low potassium
- 2 fat
- 1/2 high-calorie
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register