Red Cabbage Salad
- CKD non-dialysis
- 4 cups red cabbage
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cup red kidney beans, unsalted
- 1 cup whole corn kernels, unsalted
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- Thinly slice or shred cabbage.
- Place red kidney beans and corn in a strainer and rinse under running water for 1 minute; drain.
- Place cabbage, beans and corn in a bowl.
- Mince garlic. In a small jar with a lid, combine garlic, balsamic vinegar and sesame oil. Shake to mix ingredients, then toss with vegetable mixture. Garnish with cilantro.
- Leftover salad keeps for several days in the refrigerator.
- Beans may be limited in your meal plan due to higher potassium content. Check with your dietitian to see if this recipe fits into your plan if you are on a low potassium diet.
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Corilee from California.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 3 g
Carbohydrates 15 g
Fat 4 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 56 mg
Potassium 260 mg
Phosphorus 66 mg
Calcium 35 mg
Fiber 3.2 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 1/2 starch
- 1 vegetable, medium potassium
- 1 fat
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
12 muffins SERVINGS
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register