- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose white flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 2/3 cup vinegar
- 1 teaspoon margarine
- 4 ounces rotini pasta, uncooked
- 1-1/4 cups onion
- 8 hard boiled eggs
- 1 cucumber
- Place beaten eggs, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, dry mustard, salt, prepared mustard, sugar and flour in a saucepan and mix well.
- Add water, vinegar and margarine. Stir to mix well.
- Cook over medium heat; bring to a boil and continue boiling until mixture thickens, stirring constantly.
- Cool dressing before adding to rotini mixture.
- Cook rotini according to directions on package, omitting the salt.
- Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Chop onion and eggs; dice cucumber.
- In a large bowl, mix rotini, onion, eggs, cucumber and pepper.
- Add homemade salad dressing and mix well.
- Refrigerate several hours before serving.
- Rotini is pasta shaped like little corkscrews.
- 4 ounces dry rotini yields 2-1/2 cups cooked.
- To reduce cholesterol, omit 4 egg yolks from the hard boiled eggs.
Submitted by: the DaVita dietitian team.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 12 g
Carbohydrates 30 g
Fat 4 g
Cholesterol 274 mg
Sodium 191 mg
Potassium 224 mg
Phosphorus 162 mg
Calcium 46 mg
Fiber 1.5 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 1 meat
- 2 starch
- 1 vegetable, low potassium
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register