- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 4 ounces rotini pasta, uncooked
- 1-1/4 cups onion
- 4 large eggs
- 1 medium cucumber
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- Cook rotini according to directions on package omitting salt. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Hard boil eggs, cool and peel.
- Chop onion and eggs; dice cucumber.
- In a large bowl, mix rotini, onion, eggs, cucumber and pepper.
- Combine remaining ingredients to make dressing.
- Add homemade dressing to pasta and mix well.
- Refrigerate to chill before serving.
- Rotini is pasta shaped like little corkscrews.
- 4 ounces dry rotini yields 2-1/2 cups cooked.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 6 g
Carbohydrates 28 g
Fat 14 g
Cholesterol 111 mg
Sodium 193 mg
Potassium 172 mg
Phosphorus 87 mg
Calcium 24 mg
Fiber 1.5 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 2 starch
- 1 vegetable, low potassium
- 2 fat
Submitted by: the DaVita dietitian team.
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
851,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register