Spiced Cran-Raspberry Mold
- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 4 small boxes sugar-free raspberry gelatin mix
- 16 ounces canned jellied cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves
- 2 cans mandarin oranges, 11 ounce size
- Completely dissolve gelatin in 3-1/2 cups boiling water and pour into a large bowl.
- Add cranberry sauce and stir to dissolve. Add 1 cup cold water, lemon juice and spices. Mix well.
- Chill until slightly thickened, about 1 hour.
- Stir in mandarin oranges. Spoon into a large mold or 9" x 13" dish.
- Refrigerate until firm, about 4 hours.
- Use regular gelatin, if a higher calorie dish is desired.
- Cranberry sauce does not need to dissolve completely in step #2.
- Whole-berry cranberry sauce works well in this recipe.
- For a variation, substitute canned pineapple, sliced peaches or applesauce for the mandarin oranges.
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Maria from North Carolina.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 0 g
Carbohydrates 16 g
Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 19 mg
Potassium 29 mg
Phosphorus 7 mg
Calcium 3 mg
Fiber 0.4 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 1 fruit, low potassium
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register