- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, sweetened
- 5-ounce can water chestnuts, drained
- 1 cup mandarin oranges
- 1 medium apple1/4 cup crunchy chow mein noodles
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup vinaigrette salad dressing
- Drain water chestnuts and oranges; cut apple into wedges.
- Place washed, drained spinach leaves into a 1-quart serving bowl. Sprinkle dried cranberries over top.
- Add water chestnuts, chow mein noodles, apple wedges and mandarin oranges.
- Sprinkle pepper over top. Cover and refrigerate to chill.
- Toss lightly with 1/4-cup vinaigrette salad dressing and serve.
- One-half cup raw spinach contains 156 mg potassium. One-half cup cooked spinach (measured after cooking) contains 419 mg potassium.
- You may substitute leaf lettuce, or use spinach and lettuce.
- For a variation, add salad dressing to salad and chill 3 to 4 hours before serving. Portion size is 3/4 cup (smaller because the spinach wilts after the vinaigrette dressing is added).
- This salad is delicious using Wishbone® Light Raspberry-Walnut Vinaigrette® salad dressing.
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Barbara from Oklahoma.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 2 g
Carbohydrates 31 g
Fat 4 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 145 mg
Potassium 232 mg
Phosphorus 32 mg
Calcium 28 mg
Fiber 2.9 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 1 vegetable, medium potassium
- 1 fruit, low potassium
- 1 high calorie
- 1 fat
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
12 muffins SERVINGS
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register