Summer Chicken Pasta Salad
- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 12 ounces tri-colored rotini pasta, uncooked
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 1 medium orange bell pepper
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper
- 1/4 medium red onion
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 medium carrots
- 12 ounces chicken breast, cooked
- 2.25 ounces canned sliced black olives
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbles
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Cook pasta according to package instructions, omitting salt. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Chop jalapeno and bell peppers after removing seeds and membrane.
- Chop red onion and basil. Shred carrots.
- Dice cooked chicken breasts. Drain and rinse olives.
- In a large bowl toss all ingredients together.
- Chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Any type of pasta would work for this recipe.
- To add extra flavor use grilled chicken breasts.
- For a higher or lower protein dish you can adjust the amount of chicken.
- The feta cheese and olives are limited, providing less than 1 tablespoon per serving. You can reduce the amount or omit to further reduce sodium and phosphorus.
Submitted by: DaVita renal dietitian Adriann from Michigan.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 17 g
Carbohydrates 29 g
Fat 21 g
Cholesterol 36 mg
Sodium 170 mg
Potassium 375 mg
Phosphorus 230 mg
Calcium 64 mg
Fiber 2.0 g
Kidney and kidney diabetic food choices
- 1-1/2 meat
- 1-1/2 starch
- 1 vegetable, medium potassium
- 3 fat
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
900,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register